Monday, November 26, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving (感恩節)!

So this week has been a very good week. We had a zone thanksgiving party. Which was on Thursday and we were given 4 hours to finish preparing some food and then to eat and then if we wanted to play some games. I was assigned by Elder Siddoway to make a salad. And my companion made some potato dish from his home town. I don't know how to spell it he keeps telling me what it is and i don't sik teng it. But it was super fun! 

Then this week we met with Dor Dor and we tried to give her a baptismal date and she said she wanted to pray for it. But her problem is that when she prays she says she doesn't feel anything. We prayed with her and she still didn't feel anything and then we told her that the spirit is felt differently by everyone. But she is really trying to find out for her self. So I am not worried I have complete faith she will receive her answer. 

Vanessa is doing super well she moved her baptismal date back to December and she wants to introduce her family to us. So she is super solid!! 

We had a music night for a stake activity. and them missionaries in our zone sang a song and then. This old guy and an older sister from our ward sang a classic Chinese opera song but the funny part was that the old guy was wearing a hat that said "i heart weed" hahahaha and it had a picture of a marijuana plant on it haha. after the activity I went up and asked him how he sang so well and he was super happy and took a picture with me. and then I asked him if he liked his had and all he said was that it looks cool hahah. Vanessa came with us to this activity! She will also be singing in our ward Christmas party! She wants me to sing with her but I can't sing haha 

Nothing else much happened. It has been a pretty good week! I did get my eye report and it looks like I will have to get glasses. 

This next week I am going to go on exchanges with Elder Siddoway so that will be a fun day! He will be coming to my area. 

That is pretty much it. 

Elder Gubler 




No comments:

Post a Comment