Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

First off I want to say happy mother's day! My mom has played a huge role in my life. So thank you.

But this week was really interesting we did a lot of work and trying to find more people but I think this week I got rejected more times than I have on any other time in my mission. People were just sour towards us and we even did a mother's day find with posters that said "why do you love you mother?" and people were supposed to fill it in but people just didn't even want to talk to us doing that either. So I think both Elder Siddoway and I were pretty discouraged from all that.

But on the other hand we had met with a few cool people and investigators. For example we met with Ian who is from Cantonese speaking portion of mainland and he said that he has thought about being baptized but sadly he said that he might not have another opportunity to come back to Hong Kong for a couple of months. But him and his friend that were back in mainland both really liked what we were teaching. So we taught him the gospel of Christ and then gave him the address of the Kowloon Tong chapel and the phone number of the office and told him if he wants to be baptized he can go down to Kowloon tong. We also told him that we might not be here the next time he comes down but there would be missionaries here as well. He really sincerely thanked us. It was honestly so spiritual. I never seen someone like him before. It was very good for me and it was sad for me because I know he has to go back to mainland but i felt like everything would be ok.

For my spiritual experience I read an interesting talk and it had a quote from Les Miserables that said, "Forget not, never forget that you have promised me to use this silver to become an honest man." And this quote really stood out to me. It is when Jean Val Jean stole the two candlesticks from the Bishop and that is what the Bishop told him. I thought it really had a lot of meaning to me. The Lord has saved us. But, we need to do all we can to become and "honest man." I really like the thought of becoming an honest man. It has so many different meanings to me. So that was cool.

See you all later

Elder Gubler



No comments:

Post a Comment