Tuesday, August 29, 2017

 View from our study
 Flex-off night...every night
 Elder Nesbit
Missionaries from Olympus and Elder Siddoway
Me in front of the art
View from another room
August 28, 2017

Hello everyone! So, nothing new has really happened this week. Our schedule is basically the same every single day. The schedule is:
     1) Wake up at 6:24 (not 6:30 because if you wake up at 6:30 you will have to wait 30 minutes to shower.) But on days Tuesday-Saturday we exercise before breakfast so we just wake up and go exercise in the gym for an hour. 
     2) Then we go to breakfast. I am already sick of this food. It does something to your stomach haha.
     3) After breakfast we have study time for about two hours. My companion and I normally do language study, prepare for lessons, personal study, or just hang out with Elder Siddoway and his companion (Elder Siddoway's schedule is the exact same as my schedule so we end up doing everything together like exercising, eating every meal together, and going to devotionals together.)
     4) Next is lunch
     5) After lunch we go to language class for 3 hours.
     6) Then we go to dinner 
     7) After dinner we go to another 3 hours of language class
     8) After language we go back to the dorms around 9:30 to write in journals, get ready for bed, or just relax and watch the muscle flexing contest that goes on nearly every night on our floor. 
     9) Then we wake up and do it all again.

The language is pretty tough still. I can understand little bits and pieces of what my teacher is saying. But I have learned how to say the missionary purpose, pray, and maybe string together a few sentences in cantonese if i am lucky. 

On Saturday was the first BYU football game. Our language class is on the 6 floor of the newer building and it conveniently has a good view of the stadium. You can't even see the players playing the game but you might be able to see the score board. So probably like 20-30 missionaries came to our floor, pulled out their cameras and tried to zoom in on the score board to see the score. I am not the biggest football fan but it was funny watching all these huge football fans try to get a glimps of the score. 

This Sunday me and my companion were assigned to teach a lesson in the priesthood meeting. It went really well. My companion is really spiritual and we taught on recognizing the Holy Ghost and I learned so much from him. My companion is a really chill guy. He is from South Dakota and is really nice. We get along well. We are also about in the same spot with where our skills of cantonese are. 

After the Sunday devotional all the missionaries from Olympus High that are in the Provo MTC met up to take a picture and there are about 25 of us here! I thought that was so cool! There were a few people that didn't make it to the picture in time so there could have been like 30 people from Olympus here. It was so nice to see everyone. 

As for our lessons with our investigator. They are really challenging because we don't know that much cantonese. We learned from our teacher Do hin di (Brother Doorman) that it doesn't matter how much we know, because if we teach with the spirit guiding then we could only say 5 words and the spirit would touch the heart of the investigator. So we tried our best to each our investigator. Our lessons were difficult but they went really well. We taught about 5 lessons to the investigator. 

Please email me back and tell me how things are going for all you guys! I'd love to hear how things are going. Feel free to send pictures too! 

I will send pictures later today when I find Elder Siddoway because he has a few pictures that I want to send to all of you. 

ngoh haih gamjeh leihdeih! ngoh ngoi leihdeih!

Gu Jeunglough (Elder Gubler)

No comments:

Post a Comment