Monday, September 4, 2017

ALMOST HALF WAY DONE WITH THE MTC (week 3)

Well we just started our fourth week here which means we only have 5 short weeks left until we can finally fly to Hong Kong! The days here go by slow but the weeks seem to go by fast which is good! Not too much happened this week. 

One interesting thing happened: we taught our first TRC. A TRC is when we teach real members in Cantonese! So, Elder Nesbit and I were pretty nervous on the day before we taught. We prepared a short lesson and called it good. The next day we went in and taught and the lessons couldn't have gone any better! The guy that we taught asked us for our emails because he wanted to hear about our adventures in Hong Kong and then he wrote us a really nice note saying that the lesson that we taught was perfect for him because he was going through some tough trials in life and our lesson that we taught was about enduring to the end and having faith that Christ will help you overcome your problems! It was really cool! He also said our Cantonese was really good for only being in here for about 3 weeks! That was really good for me to hear because I thought that we haven't really been improving! But I know that if we just keep praying and working hard on the language then we will eventually be able to keep learning more and be able to speak more clearly!

Other than that, my schedule was basically the same as last week! It was pretty fun though! The nights are the greatest part about being in the MTC! All the people speaking Chinese on their missions gathered in the main area of the dorms for an event that they call "saucin." They brought out the hot sauce (it was smokin' hot) we all put a drop of it on a cracker and ate it! People were crying after they had eaten it! One Elder even jumped in the shower with all his clothes on and just sat there drinking the shower water!! I wish I would have gotten picture of it but I was too slow! Saucin was a good time! Then another night a few of the Mandarin missionaries are leaving on Monday so we had a huge ceremony that "has been past down from our forefathers" or just passed down from the other missionaries that have left the MTC. That was pretty cool and funny! 

That's about it for the week! The food here still sucks. Its the same food every week and I am getting tired of it. But we only have 5 more weeks of it. 

I'd love to hear from all of you! Anything at all would be cool! Here we are cut off from all communications from the outside world so i'd love to get updates on how the English Premier League is doing or anything going on in the world! 

Ngoh Ngoi leihdeih! (Love you all!)

Elder Gubler (Gu Jeunglouh) 

This was one of the Elders in my district that was crying after he ate the hot sauce for the "saucin"
 This was the hot sauce we ate! Its called: Da' Bomb
 I got to see my cousin who is going to Philippines, Cebu mission! Honestly so good to see him!
 ​These are the two Cantonese teachers I have. They both served in Hong Kong! They are both way smart and I love them both! The one my left side is a freaking genius and is creating his own clothing company that he says will rival Supreme!
 These are all the Elders in my district!
Saturday is for the boys! This is after Aidan got his tooth surgery! ​

No comments:

Post a Comment