Monday, September 11, 2017

September 11, 2017

I Don't Know What Week I am On

leihdeih gamgo singkeih hou mah? Ligo singkeih feiseun ge hou! ngoh yiga seung heui Heung Gong! 

This week has gone by pretty quickly! Not much has changed in my schedule! We still wake up at 6:24 and we still have to wait in lines to get food. 

This week my companion and I were made sacrament coordinators. Basically if anyone makes us mad or annoys us we have the power to make them bless the sacrament (in Cantonese), make them pray (in Cantonses), or make them pass the sacrament. So we always joke around with the people in our district about that! 

Then on Tuesday, Elder Dallin H. Oakes came to speak to us for the weekly devotional! He taught us about being missionaries. He told us about the importance of being set apart as missionaries and having a "mighty change of heart." Only when we have a change of heart and convert ourselves can we start to be successful missionaries. I thought this talk was really cool and it was exactly what I needed to hear!

We have been teaching our investigator all  about the gospel. And he is starting to open up more to us and tells us that what he is feeling is good. He's been reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it. So the next lesson, Elder Nesbit and I have decided that we are going to teach him about baptism and as him to be baptized! I can't wait for that lesson! 

My Cantonese is coming along slowly still. I can hold simple conversations but I am learning more each day and I know that through the help of Christ and working hard, I can learn this language! 

We had some fun by chilling in our rooms and just making our own music and just singing songs! Elder Nesbit is really good at singing! He has made a few songs and he showed them to us! He is really good! 

I'd love to hear from all of you and what you guys are up to! Continue keeping me updated on how life is on the outside world and how all the soccer teams are doing!

Also another funny thing that happened to us is one of the Elders in our room was sleep talking in the middle of the night and he was yelling way loud and then all of the sudden he started yelling in Cantonese! It was pretty scary but I thought it was way cool that he was yelling in Cantonese in his sleep! From that I can tell that we are somewhat improving on our language. 

Ngoh Ngoi Leihdeih (I Love you all)

Gu Jeunglouh
 
We took this picture at the fountain of the Provo temple on our Sunday church walk!




 All the Elders in my district!
 ​The Provo Temple
We were "studying Cantonese" in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment