Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Typhoon 山竹

你好大家

This week has been a crazy one with a typhoon that has been the biggest that Hong Kong has ever seen. They made us stay inside for two days and the winds blowing like crazy! The wind uprooted trees and knocked over cranes that were on top of buildings. It shattered windows and just smashed some small shacks and houses. It was crazy. So, these last few days we did service and just cleaned the streets. It was super cool to see all the damage that it did and it was even more cool to see how everyone was helping to clean it up. The people of Hong Kong are amazing!

This week we met with a few people but most people were busy preparing for the Typhoon. But we got a new investigator named Marcus and he is Buddhist but has been wandering why there are so many Christian churches. So, we taught him the restoration. It was super cool he is 28 years old and is super cool he has a lot of potential. 

This week we also got our transfer calls. And Elder Delabahan is going to Macau which I am super sad about. But I will be training. So that is pretty sweet! Elder Delabahan has been a super good companion. He is a strong willed missionary and I am excited to see what he does in the future!

Other than that nothing too exciting happened this week. So I would just like to share my testimony. I love the church so much. I have really felt God's love for us. And I have been able to see it these last few days as people come together to help people they don't even know recover from the typhoon. I love my mission. I have been able to see so many blessings and miracles. I love all the Lord has done for me. 

下次見,我愛你地

古長老

 Us sitting in a park.
And a cool view we found.
 Some damage done from our apartment view. A
 Elder Delabahan.
More damage from the typhoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment