Wednesday, September 12, 2018

This week nothing too interesting happened. I don't have too much time this week for emails either so this one will be brief.

We met with Lam and her mom. Her mom is fine with letting Lam get baptized in a few months now. She still doesn't want her to rush into it. But, Lam's mom herself doesn't seem like she has too much interest. 

We met with Sam and just asked him if he actually wanted to be baptized and he said "50 50" and we asked him why and he said that his parents don't want him to pay tithing or fast offerings. But other than that he said he wanted to be baptized. So as of now it is just a parent problem that is stopping him from being baptized. But Sam is 18 so he can chose for himself. We just don't want to force him to go against his parents advice. 

We also met with Vanessa a new investigator who is super solid. We taught her the plan of salvation and she accepted it super well. She is the only member of her family that is Christian. She brought her friend with her to church this week for church as well. 

I would just like to bare my testimony that the message of the Gospel and the Restoration is what brings families closer together. This is something that we have been teaching a lot this week because a lot of our investigators just have parents who don't want them to get baptized. Mostly because they don't know what our church is about. But This gospel changes lives of families. It helps them show their love for each other which is really important. And if we endure well we will live with our families forever. I have seen the change the gospel has brought in my own family. It is true. 

Elder Gu



 This is Vanessa when we taught her in the chapel. I also have a pretty whack hair cut because the Brit elder that I live with said he cuts his own hair all the time so I let him cut my hair and then right when he started cutting he told me that cutting my hair is the first time he has ever cut hair haha so he messed up a little bit but at least I got a free hair cut haha

No comments:

Post a Comment