Sunday, September 23, 2018

Training

Hello!

This week I have gotten a new companion and have had to say goodbye to Elder Delabahan.I miss Elder Delabahan But I know he will do great in his new area. He is such a solid Elder and has the greatest desire to do missionary work. I know that we will be friends forever.

My trainee's name is Elder Vinluan and he is also from the Philippines.He is a convert to the church and the only member in his family. It is pretty cool to train him because it reminds me of how I was when I first got here on my mission. I didn't know how to speak to anyone. It is really cool to see and to be able to help him. In lessons he doesn't say too much because of the language barrier. But that is how I was too. It will be cool to help him progress.

This week Lam said she could get baptized on November 18. That is when her mom will let her be baptized. So we are super happy for her. 

Sam is doing well. His mom just won't let him come to church because she is afraid that we are lying to him and distracting him from his studies. But our bishop called his mom and introduced himself but his mom still doesn't really want Sam to come to church. But Sam himself wants to be baptized. He just wants to respect his mom's decision. 

Vanessa on of our investigators told us she wants to be baptized but she doesn't feel ready yet. She we told her we could help her prepare. She is super solid! 

We met Oliver he is an new investigator. 

This week too we had a lot of members have us over for dinner because Elder Delabahan was moving areas. So it was super cool to visit with them and Share a message with them. And it was super tender as well.

My spiritual experience for this week is when Elder Delabahan said his last prayer in Ngau Tau Kok. He started crying and I could tell how much he loved the area, the people, and the ward. It was super touching and showed me how people are supposed to see the children of God. I know that if we love everyone as god loved people we will become better people and a change will come about in our lives that we may not recognize. But I have seen this in my life. my mission has made me love the people so much more. I love the Lord so much more as well. 

This is all. I love you all! 

Elder Gu 

 Elder Delabahan and me.
 My new companion, Elder Vinluan
 Mission tour with a member from my ward who does translations for the church.


 English class.
 A baptism for Mr. Wong!! He is adorable.
 Views from our area.


No comments:

Post a Comment