Monday, October 22, 2018

Vanessa's Baptismal Date!

Leih Hou!

This week was a very good week! To start things off we went to a members house for Pday to celebrate another Elder's birthday and then she gave me a cake for my birthday this week! Their family is super solid and her husband isn't a member of the church but he loves the missionaries and is super nice. And both of their kids have served missions. 

Then we went finding on Tuesday night and hiked up an interesting hill and there were no lights and all the sudden a huge boar jumped out of no where and was growling at us haha it scared us and we just ran a way haha. So that got our energy up to do more finding haha. 

Then on Thursday I was able to do a zone find with Elder Siddoway! it was pretty sweet because I never thought in all my time I would be walking in the streets of Hong Kong with Elder Siddoway haha so that was a super cool experience and maybe it will foreshadow the day that we become companions hahaha. 

Then we met with Vanessa and she shared how she doesn't feel like she has enough faith. But we shared so many life experiences with her and she was finally willing to accept a baptismal date on November 18. then on the next day she came to a baptism with us and she gave me a super nice tie and wrote a super nice birthday letter to me. She is super nice! 

that is pretty much it. 

from Elder Gu 

 This is Vanessa. She gave me a tie for my birthday.
 Birthday cake a member got for me.

This is a person commenting on my Chinese.  It made me happy. 
 Chinese Checkers.
 Elder Siddoway and I doing some finding together.
 A party at a member's house.  They fed us so much good food!




No comments:

Post a Comment