Sunday, December 16, 2018

Glasses and Dor Dor!!

Hello!

So this week I picked up my new glasses. Which is super weird because I have never had to wear glasses before haha. My left eye is worse than my right eye so my glasses have like tailored prescriptions for each eye. So that is a little weird. But I bought glasses that are more trendy in Hong Kong so they are more of a circular shape. 

This week at we taught Dor Dor a very powerful lesson on tithing because Dor Dor she is pretty poor and lives in her dad's storage unit which is only big enough for half a bed and a toilet. However we had our first counselor there to help us and we resolved her problems. She is super solid now and on Sunday she met with our bishop and is preparing to be baptized next Sunday. She asked me to baptize her which is super cool. I have been here when we first started teaching her and it has been super cool to see her grow. She is also super nice and welcoming. She bought me a very nice crucifix necklace for my birthday when we first started teaching her and she is always giving us little gifts for Christmas. 

Vanessa is doing super well too. She has been praying for the perfect time to ask her parents to be baptized. So this week we will be telling her about acting on her faith for the Lord to preform miracles. She will have to ask her parents with faith in the Lord to have the Lord preform the miracle of softening her parents hearts. I am super excited for her. I think that she will be baptized on the 30th as well. 

Other than that, my new companion is Elder Young who is 2 meters tall which impresses every single Chinese person you will ever run into haha. He is super cool and I love working with him already. So it will be a very fun transfer. 

We have been helping the sisters in our area as well because they just opened it up and one sister is training so we have been actually looking for people to turn over to them so it isn't as stressful for them to find people to teach and to train. But our ward is super excited for this change. Going from 2 sets of Elders to one set of Elders and one set of Sisters. It is super good. So it will be a fun transfer! 

Elder Gu. 

A picture of me with my new glasses.
 Last day with Elder Vinluan.
 Vanessa and me and my new companion.
 The most savage dude in our ward part 2 (wearing my glasses).
  Members in our ward bought us ice cream because missionaries were leaving our area.  Dor Dor our investigator who will be baptized on Sunday.
Members giving us a Korean BBQ which is super good. You just have to cook all the food yourself. So it is kind of like Bonsai but instead of people cooking for you, you just cook yourself in that pot in the middle.
Me and Elder Siddoway in front of our Light the World bus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment