Monday, October 9, 2017

Leihdeih hou!


So this is my last Pday in the Provo MTC! I don't know when I will be able to email you all again, so if you have always wanted to tell me something then now is the time! The next time I will email you all is when I will be in Hong Kong!

This week has been really cool, fun week! On Monday we taught our 2nd Skype TRC with someone in Hong Kong! It was really interesting because when we were coming up with a lesson to teach we didn't know what to teach on. My companion and I didn't know if we would get the same investigator as the last week we taught TRC so we had a hard time coming up with the lesson until we prayed about it. We prayed about it and then we both thought we should teach on repentance. We put together a pretty good lesson on repentance and then headed over to the computer lab to Skype. The lesson went really well. And even though I couldn't understand a lot of what our investigator was saying, I could feel the spirit! She kept asking a lot of questions which seemed unusual because a lot of the times investigators just listen and act like they are interested in our message but we could really tell this investigator really was interested and cared about our message! After we finished our Cantonese teacher got feed back from this investigator and this was the cool part. When we read the feed back, it said that we had answered all of the questions our investigator had on repentance and she had really felt the spirit! This was really cool because it just proves the power of prayer is real and can help us with whatever needs we may have! 

Other than that, nothing really new has been happening. We have continued to teach our role play investigators (our language teachers) and they have been progressing really well and are going to get baptized the day before we leave for Hong Kong! This has been a really cool experience because our teachers are role playing as investigators who they taught when they were in Hong Kong! It has been very spiritual watching them grow closer to Christ and this Gospel! 

We did go out and play soccer for exercise this week which was really good for me! We played against the new missionaries that are going to Hong Kong. There is this one new missionary (Elder Cox) who is from England and loves soccer sooo much. It is funny because every Pday he dresses up exactly how you would if you were going to go play in a soccer game. He has the long socks and he even brought his cleats. But the funny thing is that if you look at him you would think he would be pretty good at soccer because he loves it so much and probably played as much as he could in England but when we actually started to play he wasn't even that good hahah! He was better than this kids that didn't play soccer but he wasn't the very best. One time I got the ball and he was playing defense on me and I nut megged him and he got pretty mad because I don't think he was expecting me to be pretty good at soccer! But he is a really cool kid! I love playing soccer with him!

I would love to hear from all of you before I head off to Hong Kong! Send pictures, sports updates, or just let me know how things are going! I would love anything!

Ngoh ngoi leihdeih (love you all)

Gu Jeunglouh

 My companion and Elder Siddoway's companion on the ground floor... I was testing to see how good my camera was.
 Since this month is October and Halloween is coming up we received a pumpkin with the chinese characters carved into it. The characters say "family".
 Everyone was taking pictures of me so I decided to take a picture of them. (Elder Frey in the background).
 This is where we do our study time!
This is Elder Dudfield who is from Australia and is in my district! He is the best dude and he has a pretty wicked accent!

No comments:

Post a Comment