Monday, October 2, 2017

Leih hou muih yat go yahn!

This week has been really cool and interesting! On Tuesday we were able to do a Skype TRC with the members of the church who are currently in Hong Kong! That was super cool because we talked to a girl who loved her family and we were able to talk to her about how through Christ we can live with our families forever! And surprisingly my companion and I could understand most of what she was saying over the computer! I was surprised! It was probably because she was talking pretty slowly. But that was a really cool experience! 

This week was also super cool because we got our full Cantonese names. Mine is Gu hei sahm. In English it would be directly translated to Gubler abram. The word for Gubler (Gu) is just a surname so it doesn't really have any meaning but then my first name (hei sahm) is cool because when you say it, it kind of sounds like "Abram" and it means precious sincerity! I thought that was super cool because our names were supposedly picked based off our personality. 

This week we got new Cantonese missionaries and it was really cool to see them! They were all how i was like when i came in. They had no idea what was going on because the first class you go to is the teacher speaking 100% Cantonese to you and you have no idea what they are saying. It is also cool because we get to help them! 

General Conference was super spiritual! It was probably the most conference i have ever watched in my life but this time I actually enjoyed it! I really loved President Eyring's talk about how when a hurricane hit some people, instead of worrying about their own problems, went and helped repair the properties of other people. This was a way powerful message to me because I cannot focus on the problems that I have, I get to focus on serving others! 

Please let me know how you all are doing! I miss you all and love you all so much more than you know! Anything helps! I love getting sports updates and hearing about the news! 

ngoh ngoi leihdeih! (I love you all)

Gu Jeunglouh

We had to say goodbye to Elder Ipsen this week!  He has been an amazing example to me and has been one of my best friends! There is no better person to go be serving the people than him!

 This is a picture of Elder Siddoway in deep prayer. (not really praying he just posed for the picture)
We made a list of our first names on the bored and then had the teachers try to guess what our first names were and both our teachers thought I looked like a Caden

No comments:

Post a Comment