Friday, April 13, 2018

New Companion and General Conference


This week has been pretty interesting week! I had to say good bye to my companion that I have been with for my whole mission up to now. So 6 months. It was cool but I needed the change. My new companion is Elder Condie. He is kinda a Star Wars nerd haha. He is obsessed with it. He has been out for about 16 months.
This week since my last companion was moving areas, a ton of people from our ward invited us over to their houses to eat with them. This week was super full because of this. Every day we had a dinner with someone! It was really cool. Sadly I didn't bring my camera for any of them, sorry mom. But I will remember next time! It is super cool to get to know these families and how they are. For example the Bishop's wife cooked lunch for us and then she wanted her two sons (Michael 16 yrs, and Brenden 14 yrs) to come finding with us. So we took them to go teach Sister Yip who is a blind lady that lives in our ward. Which was a super cool experience. Sister Yip's testimony of Christ is super strong. Then after we took them finding or street contacting. It was super interesting because they were terrified to do it. But I couldn't blame them. It is pretty hard to street contact here.
Other than that we had General Conference and I went in with a bunch of questions and came out with a bunch of answers which helped me a ton! I am so glad we have a living prophet today! I loved Elder Feo's talk about the love of Christ! It was something that meant a lot to me! I am going to try to apply more of Christ's love in my daily life!
That is pretty much all that happened this week! I would love to hear from you all! Keep up the good work!
Elder Gu

 This is Elder Condie.
 This is Elder Henrickson, my very first companion in Hong Kong!


No comments:

Post a Comment