Sunday, July 8, 2018

2nd week in Ngau Tau Kok

Hello!

This week has been super good! We met with a lot of investigators, and we were able to find a few more! One sad thing happened is that one investigator was supposed to be baptized yesterday but we met with him last Wednesday and he didn't seem to want God's help through baptism. He didn't want to be baptized but he agreed to keep meeting with us and to keep learning. All of our investigators here are super good and kind people so that makes me really happy to be serving them and to work my hardest for them.

I also got to meet the new mission President and his wife. The new mission president came to our ward this Sunday and bore his testimony in Chinese. He served in my area when he was a missionary here. He still remembers Chinese but it sounds like a white person is speaking. But pretty much every missionary sounds like that. His wife was born in Hong Kong and she gave her testimony and her Chinese sounded like a white person as well ha ha. She hasn't spoken it in so long so that kind of surprised me because Sister Lam and President Lam still sounded like Chinese people but Sister Phillips didn't so it surprised me but she will pick it up a lot faster and be fluent in no time. But they are super nice! After church they got lost trying to find their way back to mission head quarters in Kowloon tong so we helped them find their way to the MTR. We got to talk to them for a while and they are just super kind and loving! they are a little overwhelmed with all the duties of mission president but I know they will do amazing. They are super nice and I love them so much! President Phillips is decently old but last week he went out finding with some missionaries for 3 hours. And to go finding at this point in summer for 3 hours is not super fun. So i was really impressed. He is super cool and I like him so much!

I love Elder Delabahan so much! He is a super good singer and one of our investigators can sing so she sang in Japanese which was super weird that she knew how to sing in Japanese but it sounded super good and Elder Delabahan sang with her! It was pretty cool! Elder Delabahan is super amazing! Elder Delabahan is a teacher in his home country which is super cool! So i have really learned a lot from him!

The language is progressing! I love it. I can understand pretty much everything but there are still a lot of things that I don't understand. I have memorized 500 Chinese characters. So I know how to read a little bit. I can almost read from the book of Mormon in Chinese ha ha. I don't know how to write the 500 characters but I think I will learn how to write later. 
 
That is pretty much it, nothing too special this week.

Elder Gu
Pday Pics...



 The investigator who can sing in Japanese
 Our investigators Becky and Ken. They are brother and sister
 Views from my area.

Some grassy area above our apartment.
All the elders in our apartment. The other two are Brits and love soccer!

No comments:

Post a Comment