Sunday, July 22, 2018

France!

Hello

This week has been a good week. France won the World Cup so I am pretty happy and living with two Brits it was really fun to follow the world cup. They were pretty mad when England got out but then one of them bought a French jersey which was really funny and his companion who is the other Brit I live with like disowned him ha ha. 

This week was good. We met with our investigators. This weeks problem was trying to figure out how we can help our investigators keep their commitments. We came up with a list of ideas such as: follow up daily, offer our help, and other things. We haven't done anything special yet but we will work on this for the weeks to come. Keeping commitments is super important for the progression of investigators. 

We had a "archery" activity for our zone that I thought was going to be actual bows and arrows and targets and stuff like that. So we invited our investigators to come with us and when we showed up it was like a giant Nerf war with Nerf bows and arrows. My first thought was "aww crap this is going to be super dumb and not fun" but it was actually pretty fun because a lot of people got into the wars and all the missionaries made it super fun so it turned out to be something that helped us get to know our investigators better. 

I had my first interview with president Phillips and Sister Phillips this week. They are wonderful. I am super excited to work with them. President Phillips offered so much help and this week I tried pretty hard to do what he told me to do and it worked I felt a lot better with my personal study and stuff like that. 

That is pretty much all for this week. 

Elder Gu
The bow and arrow activity. The girl in it is our investigator and then it is me and Elder Lutkin (the Brit that I live with).


This is me and Elder Delabahan at the temple.
 The picture of the view is when we went less active finding and got rejected by all the less actives at their houses ha.ha.

~From last week July 15, 2018~

 Hello!

This week has been raining a lot and in China and the people here sometimes are super afraid of the rain so they won't even come out to meet with you if it is raining. So one day we had like 4 lessons planned and they all rescheduled because of the rain so we after our studies we had nothing but hitting the streets to go finding. Finding is all about your attitude because if you walking around thinking "I don't want to be doing this" then finding won't be fun and won't be effective. But, if you walk around with the attitude that the Lord is going to help you find people and you are excited to do be doing the Lord's work then finding will somehow be a lot more fun and be a lot more successful. It is pretty cool to see how this works. So I told myself I would have the second attitude and go out and be happy. And it worked. We did a lot of finding: Soccer finding, walking everywhere, and it ended up being a really good day. We got a decent amount of people who were interested! It is really cool to see that if you are willing then the Lord can help create miracles. 

This week we were able to meet with a few of our investigators. Most of our investigators are super busy with work so they have like no time to come to church which is kind of bad but they seem to like meeting with us. So we just have to keep working with them slowly and maybe we can help them come to church with us. 

This week we also had Zone Conference. It was the first one with President Phillips. We talked about faith and it was super cool to see how President Phillips taught it. We really just kind of dove in to the scriptures about faith and about what faith can lead to. I really like President Phillips he is a respectable guy. He went finding with the Pok Fu Lam Elders for 3 hours in the heat so i was super impressed by that! He is a man of God. 

This week a small miracle kind of happened. So recently i have been learning Chinese characters. So I have learned like 600 characters and felt like I still couldn't read very much and sometimes I would forget the characters but I tried reading the book of Mormon for language study and I could read some of it which is a huge miracle and i could understand it too so I was super happy and it just showed me that as a missionary we really do have the gift of tongues. 

I really love this work. I have seen the light it can bring to people's eyes. It really gives me so much satisfaction every time someone feels the spirit and you can just see it in their eyes. It is a true work and I am super happy to be serving here in Hong Kong! 

Elder Gu 




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete