Sunday, July 1, 2018

Ngau Tau Kok

Hello,

So this is the first email from my new area. It is kind of on the complete other side of Hong Kong. I was on the west side before in Yuen Long but now I am more on the East side. And the geography here is completely different. In Yuen Long it flat and here it has more hills. Also in Yuen Long the city wasn't as big because it is all the way out in the New Territories. But in Ngau Tau Kok the city is a lot bigger and a lot easier to get lost. So that has been pretty hard to get used to. I still don't know where I am going. 

It was pretty weird to be leaving my first area after 9 months. It felt like I was leaving on my mission again and leaving my family and friends. It is really interesting that that is what a mission can do. It can bring you close to so many people in a short amount of time. 

I like Ngau Tau Kok so far. I have met with a few investigators and potentials so that is good to get to know them. My companion has been a huge help. His name is Elder Delabahan and he is from the Philippians. He is 23 years old and he has been out on his mission for 3 months. So it has been cool to help him learn the language. He is the sweetest, most kind person you will ever meet. I love him already.  His conversion story is pretty cool. He was in the Philippians and he went to a music concert and David Archuleta was there and when he sang my companion felt something that he had never felt before and then he did some research on David Archuleta and found that he was a Mormon and so that is when he started in our church. my companion is also a really good singer.  I live in an apartment with one other companionship of Elders from England. This has been really fun because we play soccer every morning and we do a lot of soccer finding. It is also very fun to talk about the World Cup with them because they are both really passionate about England. 

Over all the new area is been good! Hard to get adjusted to but it will be ok.

That is pretty much all 

I love you all

Elder Gu
 Last time with President and Sister Lam.
 Last time with my Yuen Long investigators and LA.
 This member family and then the younger looking sisters just got back from their missions. The ones on the very right of the couch are deaf as well.
 Deaf member family that gave us dinner before we left.
 Cheung Jau for pday.
 Me and Elder Delabahan.
 Yan Yan my Yuen Long investigator who will get baptized on the July 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment