Monday, March 18, 2019

A Week Without Street Finding

Hello!

This week has been a good week. I am slowly getting used to this area. It is more rural than my last area and is pretty laid back and relaxed compared to my last which was in the city and everyone had places to go. But anyways this week our mission president told us to not go street contacting at all and try other methods to find people to teach. I think the reason for this is because our mission's culture is the only way to do finding is just street contacting which isn't the only way out there. And so we have to just be more creative. So throughout this week we did a bunch of cool things to try to find people to teach. 

Here are some of the ways we tried to find. We tried looking for new ways of service and visiting places to see if they needed any volunteers to do service like once a week. We also did a lot of service ourselves such as picking up trash as a zone. We followed a river and picked up a bunch of trash as well as talking to people along the way. And my favorite one was we got a poster board and wrote "what makes you happy?" in Chinese on it and then walked around and had people write down what makes them happy. In an hour and a half about 70 people wrote things down and it was super cool to see what makes them happy. We even got to talk to a lot of them. So that was really cool. 

Then this Sunday night we were invited over to a members house for a family home evening. It was super cool to see this family invite other families over to their smallish apartment and eat food together and then the missionaries shared a message. I really enjoyed it. I could really feel the spirit of these families as they gathered together to uplift one another. It was super cool. 

That is pretty much it. This week I have been studying a lot about personal revelation. Which is super cool. And I read one of President Nelson's talks in the recent conference and he was talking about how receiving personal revelation is necessary for us to grow and develop. So I have been working a lot on receiving personal revelation for myself. President Nelson gave some points to help us and they are: we must be pure, exactly obedient, searching the scriptures, go to the temple often, and do family history work. So I have been trying to do those things. It has been very cool to see. And he spoke a lot about being thankful for blessings he has received as well. So I know that being thankful is a huge part of being more receptive to personal revelation. I have seen it on my mission. 

That is pretty much all. 

Elder Gu 



 These are some pictures of last Pday with Spencer Jensen and his dad.


 Pictures of the poster finding and the zone service and then the family home evening.

Pday pics of the ancient walled city place in Lok Fu.


No comments:

Post a Comment