Sunday, March 10, 2019

粉嶺

Hello!

So this week a bunch happened. It was transfers and on this transfer our sisters died. They all went home a month later than they were supposed to pretty much. So it was pretty weird because that means I only have like 5 more months left. And also I moved to my new area called 粉嶺 (Fenling). So I am excited to be here. It is in the New Territories. So it isn't as city like as my last area. But it was really sad to leave my last area. So many people that I have gotten to know and it was really really sad to leave them. So that was kind of hard.

On my last week in my last area. I didn't need to buy groceries because for literally breakfast, lunch, and dinner we ate with members because I was leaving areas and one of the sister missionaries in our ward was finishing her mission. It was super good. And on Wednesday night we ate with a member and after my companion went to the bathroom by the place we ate at and then some man came up to me and had interest to learn about Christ. So when we walked back out luckily our members were still there talking and they welcomed him and he was so happy but to make it even better he is one of our member's brother's friends so our member was really happy. He came to church this last Sunday but I wasn't there because I moved areas. And another investigator that I had found when I was there just got a baptismal date and is super solid. I have seen so many miracles this week.

As for my new area there isn't too much going on here so I am excited to see what can happen here. My companion is Elder Wong. His parents are Hong Konger's but he was born in Utah and he has been out for a little over a year. His Chinese is great too so it will be cool.

Other than that not much happened.

Elder Gubler 

 The last few days in my area.


 Me and my new companion, Elder Wong.
Reunited with Elder Vinlaun again.
 Church with Russ and Spencer Jensen.  Russ served his mission in Hong Kong years ago.
My companion and I made a Chinese dinner.

 Dinner with some members.
 Picture with Dor Dor.
 Picture and video with Sister Hui in the Fenling Ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment